With cheap flights across the whole of Europe there is no excuse not to visit France if you’re a keen runner. Why not combine a cheeky weekend away with a race? Below is a list of French races many of which have a combination of distances available. Our blog page also has race reports should you need a little inspiration.
We have found the atmosphere at French races to be very friendly with often good support around the course. Many of the races are not expensive to enter and the souvenirs and goody bags can be very good. One thing to remember though is you will need a medical certificate from your doctor to say you are fit to race. Often on the French race sites you can download a specimen copy that can then be signed and uploaded to the site. The verification process is generally online, where your certificate is reviewed and then approved and therefore you should not need to then bring it to the race.
- 12 September 2020 Marathon du Medoc | Pauillac |
- 27 September 2020 Marathon du Tours | Tours |
- 24 October 2020 - TBC Marathon de Chablis | Chablis |
- 24 October 2020 - TBC Marathon de Bordeaux Metropole | Bordeaux |
- 1 November 2020 - TBC Marathon des Alpes Maritimes - Nice to Cannes | Nice to Cannes |
- 7 November 2020 - TBC Marathon du Cognac | Jarnac |
- 7 November 2020 - TBC Semi marathon du Cognac | Jarnac |
- 22 November 2020 - TBC Marathon de La Rochelle - Serge Vignot | La Rochelle |
- 2 May 2021 - TBC Mont Saint-Michel Marathon | Cancale |
- 13 June 2021 - TBC Caen Marathon | Caen |