Sun 18th Feb 2024
|Race Start Time:||08:30||Entry On Day:||No|
|Running Surface:||Road||Race Cut Off Time:||TBC|
|Route Undulation:||Flat||Race Town:||Seville|
|Timing Method:||Chip||Race Location:||Spain|
|Number Collection:||Race Entry Cost:||€75.00|
|Distance Markers:||Kms||Race Status:||Entries Open|
|Road Status:||Unknown||Use Headphones:||Contact organiser|
|Max Number:||Race Format:||1 Lap|
|Race Start Time:||08:30|
|Entry On Day:||No|
|Race Cut Off Time:||TBC|
|Use Headphones:||Contact organiser|
|Race Entry Cost:||€75.00|
|Race Status:||Entries Open|
|Race Format:||1 Lap|
Other Event Races:
Entry Fee: €75.00
Where is the race?
The race is located in Seville, European.
Can I wear headphones at the Seville Marathon?
What is the maximum allowed time to complete the race?
The maximum time allowed is unknown, sorry.
Race Entry Information
Seville Marathon Race Entry
The website organising the Seville Marathon is https://en.zurichmaratonsevilla.es/
If you are looking for a fast and flat marathon in a beautiful and historic city, you might want to consider the Zurich Seville Marathon in Spain. The Seville Marathon is one of the most popular and prestigious marathons in Europe, attracting thousands of runners from all over the world every year. Here are some reasons why you should run the Seville Marathon :
- The course: The Seville Marathon boasts the flattest course in Europe, with no elevation gain more than 10 meters above sea level. The route starts and finishes at the Olympic Stadium on La Cartuja Island, and passes by some of the most iconic landmarks of the city, such as the Plaza de España, the Torre del Oro, the Cathedral and the Giralda. The course is also well protected from the wind and offers plenty of shade and hydration stations along the way.
- The weather: Seville has a mild and sunny climate, with an average temperature of 15°C (59°F) in February, when the race takes place. The weather is ideal for running a marathon, as it is not too hot or too cold. You can also enjoy the pleasant atmosphere of the city before and after the race, with its lively streets, tapas bars and flamenco shows.
- The organization: The Seville Marathon is organized by the department of sports of the town hall and sponsored by both public and private organizations. The race has a high level of quality and safety standards, with medical services, security personnel, volunteers and pacemakers available throughout the event. The race also offers a runners fair, a pasta party, a finisher medal and a technical t-shirt for all participants.
- The championship: The Seville Marathon will be the headquarters of the Spanish Absolute Marathon Championship in 2024, fulfilling the tradition that Seville is the main access gate for Spanish athletes to the Olympic Games. You will have the chance to run alongside some of the best marathon runners in Spain and witness their performance on the fast course.
- The records: The Seville Marathon is known for being one of the fastest marathons in Europe, with several records broken in recent years. In 2020, Mekuant Ayenew from Ethiopia set a new course record of 2:04:46, while Guteni Shone from Ethiopia set a new women's record of 2:24:29. In 2019, more than 700 runners broke the three-hour mark in the race.
- The experience: Running the Seville Marathon is more than just a race, it is an unforgettable experience. You will be surrounded by cheering crowds, enthusiastic volunteers and friendly fellow runners. You will also discover the rich culture and history of Seville, one of the most charming and vibrant cities in Spain. You will feel proud of your achievement and rewarded with a memorable medal.
If you are interested in running the Zurich Seville Marathon in 2024, you can register online at www.zurichmaratonsevilla.es. The registration period starts from 9 March 2023 until Monday, 12 February 2024 or until all the 12,000 available bibs have been taken. The registration fees vary depending on your residence status and registration date. You can find more information on the official website or contact [email protected] for any queries.
Don't miss this opportunity to run one of the best marathons in Europe and enjoy an amazing weekend in Seville!